For the purpose of the Faculty Activity Report and establishing advisory committees, we are now using the Graduate Program Coordinator Services portal through MyOleMiss. Please enter the information for students’ advisory committee online.
To establish a student’s advisory committee:
- Employee tab
- Academics and Student Information
- Graduate Program Coordinator Services
- Graduate Student Requests
- Graduate Advisory Committee
- Find Student and Create Request
- Select Anticipate Defense Term and click “Initiate.” Once the request has been initiated, the main screen will allow you to enter and edit all the required information for the form.
- To enter the title of the thesis or dissertation, select “Add Title.” Enter the title of the thesis or dissertation and click “Submit.”
- Once the committee members have been added, designate one member as the committee chair. You must do this before the form can be submitted. Click the box to indicate which member will serve as chair. Then click to “Submit.”
- Next, you can “Review” or “Reject” the request. If the form is complete and correct select “Review.” After selecting “Review,” you will need to select to submit.
- Following the proposal, the student will need to submit a copy of the prospectus (either in person or via email) and a memo from the committee chair stating the proposal was successful.
Please see below for the step by step process: