Items to Send
To be considered for admission to the Graduate School, we require the following items to be submitted prior to the application deadline established by each department.
A completed online application.
An official score from a standardized test: (Do NOT send paper copies; they are not official.)
- Most programs require the GRE (verbal and quantitative). The exceptions are listed below.
- Programs NOT requiring GRE/GMAT/Praxis testing
- Art – MFA
- Business – MBA – waived for MD’s with 5 years work experience and a 3.0 GPA. Waived for currently enrolled JD and PharmD students.
- Chemistry – MS, PhD, DO
- Creative Writing – MFA
- Criminal Justice – MCJ & PhD
- Higher Education/Student Personnel – MEd
- Journalism – IMC – waived for 5 years specific work experience and a 3.0 GPA.
- Choral Conducting
- Music Performance
- Music Theory
- Pharmacy – Environmental Toxicology – MS & PhD
- Pharmacy – Medicinal Chemistry – MS & PhD
- Pharmacy – Parmacognosy – MS & PhD
- Pharmacy – Pharmacology – MS & PhD
- Political Science
- Public Health – waived for 1 year specific work experience.
- Southern Studies MFA in Documentary Expression
- Programs requiring the GMAT
- Master of Accountancy
- Master of Accountancy & Data Analytics
- Master of Taxation
- Master of Taxation & Data Analytics
- Doctor of Philosophy – Accountancy
- Programs requiring the GRE or GMAT
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy – Business Administration
- Master of Science – Pharmacy Administration
- Doctor of Philosophy – Pharmacy Administration
- Programs requiring the Praxis I & II
- Master of Arts Teaching (MAT)
TOEFL or IELTS is required of all applicants whose native language is not English. Submission of a TOEFL or IELTS score is required at the time of application. Qualifying minimum scores can be found on the International Student and Scholars Services’ website.
The institutional code for the University of Mississippi is 1840.
GRE– Department code: 5199
TOEFL – Department code: 99
Official transcripts from the institution conferring your baccalaureate degree and from all colleges and universities subsequently attended.
Official transcripts should be sent to the Graduate School using the following address:
University of MS Graduate School
54 Galtney-Lott Plaza
PO Box 1848
University, MS 38677
Official electronic transcripts from domestic (US only) institutions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only transcripts received directly from the college/university will be considered official. (Do not send junior/community college transcripts.)
If you are applying and have not received your degree, please go ahead and have your up-to-date transcript sent to complete your application. After you graduate, another official transcript, showing that your degree was conferred, will need to be sent as well. Transcripts sent to the Graduate School cannot be retrieved by the applicant.
Transcripts from International institutions must be official or officially certified and must include an English translation.
Once you have been accepted, proof of immunization needs to be submitted to Student Health Services.
Some departments will require additional documents, other than a completed application, test scores, and official transcripts. Departments may require a personal statement, letters of recommendation, or writing samples. You should contact the department and/or read its Web page to determine whether additional documents need to be submitted. Any additional documents that are sent to the Graduate School will be included with the other application materials and will be made available to the departments. Additional documents will not be returned to the applicant.