Student Health Insurance
Antigen, PCR and Antibody tests are covered with no co-pay or deductible, provided the test is medically necessary, meets CDC/state requirements for testing, and an FDA approved test is utilized as ordered by a qualified provider OR State regulations mandate coverage of testing without the above requirements being met.
Wellfleet is waiving all co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance costs for all COVID-19 treatment until further notice.
Additional information on Covid-19 related benefits are available here: https://wellfleetstudent.com/covid-19/#faq
Graduate Student Health Insurance
The Graduate School is pleased to offer subsidized health insurance to all graduate students holding an assistantship with appointments of 1/4 time or higher.
Graduate students not on assistantships, Law and PharmD students are not eligible for the subsidized plan, however those students are eligible to enroll on a voluntary basis. Voluntarily enrolled students must pay the full premiums directly to Wellfleet Student. Additional information on voluntary enrollment is available here: https://healthcenter.olemiss.edu/student-health-insurance/
Graduate assistants with appointments of 1/4 time or higher are required to participate in a health insurance program.* Enrollment and payroll deduction of premiums will be automatic upon appointment for each fall and spring term. Premiums will be subsidized by the university.
- 80% of negotiated charges for hospital visit, physician office visit (after $20 copay) or emergency room visit (after $150 copay) for preferred Wellfleet/Cigna providers
- 100% of prescription drug coverage after Tier 1 $20 copay, Tier 2: $50 copay, Tier 3: $75 copay, and specialty drug $75 copay. Some preferred generics have a $0 copay. A formulary of prescription tiers is available here: https://wellfleetrx.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Wellfleet-Rx-Student-Formulary-July-2020-1.pdf
- 80% of inpatient mental health expenses and outpatient mental health and substance abuse expenses for preferred care providers.
*Graduate assistants may request a waiver from participation in the above sponsored group plan if they already have comparable health insurance.
For a listing of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding student health insurance, please visit: https://gradschool.olemiss.edu/frequently-asked-questions-update-2020-2/
Spouse and child/dependent policies are available; for information, click the link below.
For more information about coverage, exclusions, network providers, waivers and voluntary participation forms, visit https://www.studentinsurance.com/Client/1789
To view the Insurance Plan document, please visit: https://www.studentinsurance.com/Docs/Resources/5606_WEB%20U%20of%20Miss%20-%20Ole%20Miss%20BGlance%208.4.20%20.pdf
* Note: Deductibles and co-pays are waived for covered services provided at the VB Harrison Student Health Center. Wellfleet Student uses the Cigna PPO network. To find a Local Provider, please visit https://www.studentinsurance.com/Client/1789
Insurance Premiums for Graduate Assistants
|Annual Premium||Fall Semester
| Spring Semester
|More than one Child||$4008||$1682||$2326|
* Current premiums, subject to change.
For a definition of 1/2 time and 1/4 assistantships, please see our financial aid information page here.
International students and students who WILL be on a graduate assistantship SHOULD NOT enroll themselves. They will be automatically enrolled by the Graduate School.