Student Health Insurance
Graduate Student Health Insurance
Graduate students with the graduate student health insurance can be reimbursed for at home COVID-19 tests. The insurers website provides additional information.
Eligibility and Insurance Requirements for Graduate Assistants:
The Graduate School is pleased to offer subsidized health insurance to all graduate students holding an assistantship with appointments of 1/4 time or higher.
Graduate students not on assistantships, Law and PharmD students are not eligible for the subsidized plan, however those students are eligible to enroll on a voluntary basis. Voluntarily enrolled students must pay the full premiums directly to United Healthcare. Additional information on voluntary enrollment is available on our health center website.
Graduate assistants with appointments of 1/4 time or higher are required to participate in a health insurance program.* Enrollment and payroll deduction of premiums will be automatic upon appointment for each fall and spring term. Premiums will be subsidized by the university.
- 80% of negotiated charges for hospital visit, physician office visit (after $20 copay) or emergency room visit (after $150 copay) for preferred United Health Care providers
- 100% of prescription drug coverage after Tier 1 $20 copay, Tier 2: $50 copay, Tier 3: $75 copay.
- Inpatient mental health and substance abuse expenses are covered at the preferred allowance after deductible for preferred providers. Outpatient mental health and substance abuse expenses have a $20 copay and then are covered at the preferred allowance after deductible for preferred care providers.
*Graduate assistants may request a waiver from participation in the above sponsored group plan if they already have comparable health insurance.
Additional information can be found within our list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding student health insurance.
Spouse and child/dependent policies are available; for information, click the link below. https://uhcsr.com/olemiss
For more information about coverage, exclusions, network providers, waivers and voluntary participation forms, visit https://uhcsr.com/olemiss
To view the Insurance Plan document for the 2022-2023 academic year, please visit [Note that the following links are under construction and will be updated soon]:
Domestic students plan document 2022-2023
International students plan document 2022-2023
The Summary Brochure for 2022-2023 academic year is available at:
Summary Brochure 2022-2023
To view the Insurance Plan document for the 2021-2022 academic year, please visit [Note that the following links are under construction and will be updated soon]:
Domestic students plan document 2021-2022
International students plan document 2021-2022
The Summary Brochure for 2021-2022 academic year is available at:
Summary Brochure 2021-2022
For additional highlights of the plan, please see the links below:
Mississippi IHL Consortium FAQs
* Note: Deductibles and co-pays are waived for covered services provided at the VB Harrison Student Health Center. To find a Local Provider, please visit https://uhcsr.com/olemiss
Insurance Premiums for Graduate Assistants
|Annual Premium||Fall Semester|
|Two or More Children||$4008||$1682||$2326|
|Spouse and Two or More Children||$6012||$2523||$3489|
* Current premiums, subject to change.
For a definition of 1/2 time and 1/4 assistantships, please see our financial aid information page.
International students and students who WILL be on a graduate assistantship SHOULD NOT enroll themselves. They will be automatically enrolled by the Graduate School.