Student Health Insurance
Graduate Student Health Insurance
The Graduate School is pleased to offer subsidized health insurance to all graduate students holding an assistantship with appointments of 1/4 time or higher.
Graduate students not on assistantships, Law and PharmD students are not eligible for the subsidized plan, however those students are eligible to enroll on a voluntary basis. Voluntarily enrolled students must pay the full premiums directly to United Healthcare. Additional information on voluntary enrollment is available here: https://healthcenter.olemiss.edu/student-health-insurance/
Graduate assistants with appointments of 1/4 time or higher are required to participate in a health insurance program.* Enrollment and payroll deduction of premiums will be automatic upon appointment for each fall and spring term. Premiums will be subsidized by the university.
- 80% of negotiated charges for hospital visit, physician office visit (after $20 copay) or emergency room visit (after $150 copay) for preferred United Health Care providers
- 100% of prescription drug coverage after Tier 1 $20 copay, Tier 2: $50 copay, Tier 3: $75 copay.
- Inpatient mental health and substance abuse expenses are covered at the preferred allowance after deductible for preferred providers. Outpatient mental health and substance abuse expenses have a $20 copay and then are covered at the preferred allowance after deductible for preferred care providers.
*Graduate assistants may request a waiver from participation in the above sponsored group plan if they already have comparable health insurance.
For a listing of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding student health insurance, please visit: https://olemiss.box.com/s/hbanzsaxvydfaupotmookbdrumwxwaxe
Spouse and child/dependent policies are available; for information, click the link below. https://uhcsr.com/olemiss
For more information about coverage, exclusions, network providers, waivers and voluntary participation forms, visit https://uhcsr.com/olemiss
To view the Insurance Plan document, please visit:
For additional highlights of the plan, please see the links below:
* Note: Deductibles and co-pays are waived for covered services provided at the VB Harrison Student Health Center. To find a Local Provider, please visit https://uhcsr.com/olemiss
Insurance Premiums for Graduate Assistants
|Annual Premium||Fall Semester|
|Two or More Children||$4008||$1682||$2326|
|Spouse and Two or More Children||$6012||$2523||$3489|
* Current premiums, subject to change.
International students and students who WILL be on a graduate assistantship SHOULD NOT enroll themselves. They will be automatically enrolled by the Graduate School.