Greetings from the
University of Mississippi Postdoctoral Association (MSPDA)
MSPDA Postdoc Appreciation Lunch
Wednesday, September 21, 1:30-3:30 pm in TCRC 1044 (Thad Cochran Research Center). The program comprises a get-together and interaction of postdocs from across campus to discuss issues faced by the postdoctoral community, followed by lunch from Newk’s.
MSPDA Current Officers (2022-2023):
- President- Dr. Gagandeep Singh (email@example.com)
- Vice President- Dr. Mantasha Idrisi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer- Dr. Kashif Shamim (email@example.com)
- Secretary- Dr. Kashif Shamim (temporarily) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Social Event Coordinator- Dr. Kritika Gupta (temporarily) (email@example.com)
- Board Member- Dr. Kritika Gupta (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bridging Entrepreneurship and Academic Research
Interested students (graduate, undergraduate, and summer interns), postdoctoral fellows and researchers at the University of Mississippi attended a symposium on “Bridging Entrepreneurship and Academic Research” organized by MSPDA on Tuesday, June 14th, 2022, 3:00-5:00 PM at the Thad Cochran Research Center TCRC 1000.
3:00-3:05 PM “Translation of Academic Research” by Dr. Julia Shamshina, Research Assistant Professor, Texas Tech University
3:05-3:45 PM “Translation of Academic Research” by Dr. Julia Shamshina, Research Assistant Professor, Texas Tech University
3:45-4:00 PM Q & A session
4:00-4:40 PM “Entrepreneur Strategies for Start-ups” by Arvinder Singh, University of Mississippi, Serial Entrepreneur
4:40-5:00 PM Q & A session and Vote of Thanks
About the Speakers
Dr. Julia Shamshina (Speaker 1)
Dr. Shamshina is a Research Assistant Professor at the Fiber and Biopolymer Research Institute (FBRI) at Texas Tech University. She has been involved in several industrial projects such as development and commercialization of advanced technologies for the aerospace and defense markets. She was a recipient of a NASA Tech Brief Award for her work on replacement of hydrazine fuel with energetic ionic liquids (2011). She has worked in the start-up company 525 Solutions, Inc., as the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) and developed technological solutions based on ionic liquids applicable in biotechnology, pharmaceutical and materials field. She has served as an Academic Associate in Green Chemistry at McGill University, Department of Chemistry, Canada, where she was responsible for projects related to the design and development of new products from renewable polymers.
Please visit her personal website for more details. https://sites.google.com/view/julia-shamshina-personal/home
Mr. Arvinder Kang (Speaker 2)
Mr. Kang is a technology entrepreneur with a decade of global experience assembling and mentoring teams and building products from ideation to enterprise offering stage. With a diverse background in technology, management, product design, higher education, media, and advocacy, he offers a unique mix of experiences and proven innovator mindset required for innovation in both startup and enterprise settings.
MSPDA Prior Officers (2021-2022):
- President- Dr. Abdul Shaik (email@example.com)
- Vice President- Dr. John Adams Sabestian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer- Dr. Krishna Chaturvedi (email@example.com)
- Secretary- Dr. Seethapathy Saroja (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Social Event Coordinator- Dr. Gagandeep Singh (email@example.com)
MSPDA Founding Faculty Advisors:
- Prof. Sudeshna Roy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prof. Jason Paris (email@example.com)