Admitted: Now What?
Congratulations on your recent admission to the University of Mississippi Graduate School!
This website will help guide you through the next steps of enrolling at the university. If you have any problems, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activate your WebID.
Once you receive your acceptance letter, you will need to activate your WebID. You will need your student number (included in your acceptance letter) and your birth date. Click here to activate your WebID.
- Apply for financial aid.
Check with your program to see if there are any assistantships or fellowships available. For more information on financial aid for graduate students, visit our webpage at https://gradschool.olemiss.edu/prospective-students/financial-aid-information/. If you cannot find a fellowship or an assistantship with your program, federal student loans are available for domestic students. For federal loans, visit: https://www.olemiss.edu/depts/financial_aid.
- Health/shot records must be submitted to Student Health Services.
- Speak with your adviser and register for classes.
For some graduate programs, the courses you will take during your first semester may already be determined or may be decided by communicating with your program adviser. For other programs, the program adviser and faculty will want you to be on campus before selecting courses. If you contact your program adviser and are given a set of courses to take, you may register online.
- Register your vehicle with University Parking Services
You will need to purchase a car decal in order to park on campus. You will need your Web ID, vehicle identification number (VIN) and your license plate information. Click HERE for online registration.
- Get your UM identification card.
You will need to go to the ID Center on campus, located in Johnson Commons on the floor below the Rebel Market. Office hours are 8:15 a.m.-4:45 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- International students, please make sure all paperwork for international study is on file at the International Student and Scholar Services. All new international students must check in with the Office of International Programs and attend its mandatory orientation before they can register for courses.
- Submit your final transcript.
This is the last step you need to complete in order to be officially admitted. Send your final transcript to:
The University of Mississippi Graduate School, P.O. Box 1848, University, MS 38677-1848.
For information regarding off-campus housing, please visit https://offcampus.housing.olemiss.edu/.
- Keep in touch.
Visit the Graduate School website often for important dates and events.
- Activate your WebID.